ESP - Preventive Care Course

Preventive Care Course ImagePreventive Care Course

At Mohawk, we care about the health and well-being of you and your family. We are committed to helping you learn more about your health. Good health is an essential part of our lives and preventive care plays an important role in your overall health. Included are screenings, exams, test and immunizations that can help identify and reduce the risk for certain health conditions. Chronic health conditions account for 7 out of every 10 deaths in the US. Many chronic diseases are preventable or easier to treat when detected early.

Lifestyle plays a big role in the risk of getting a chronic disease. 80% of chronic diseases like heart disease, stroke, and diabetes come from lifestyle choices. The other 20% are related to genetics, environment and other causes. According to the Center for Disease Control (CD), research has shown that being overweight can raise a person’s risk of getting some cancers.

Let’s take a look at some preventative care you should make sure you incorporate into your healthcare routine. Some screenings are age-appropriate, so be mindful of which apply to you.